Looking for Residential Title 24 Compliance Reports?
We assist you in meeting or exceeding California Title 24 energy requirements for new constructions and remodels (additions and alterations) to single and multifamily residential buildings by:
- Assessing what compliance approach will be best for your specific project;
- Analyzing the project design to determine if all mandatory energy code requirements are met. (the earlier we are involved in the design process the better);
- Providing cost-effective options to achieve compliance and work with you to decide which set of energy measures fit best your specific project goals;
- Preparing all required Title 24 energy code documentation and submitting it to HERS provider registry if required;
- Providing you with a signed and registered copy, ready for placement into your plan check package.;
- Responding promptly to any plan check comments; either through your team or directly with the building department, however you please.
- Building dimensions for all floors
- Total conditioned floor area
- Year built (if existing house)
- Window and door schedule with U-Factors and SHGCs
- Shading for windows and doors
- Wall construction
- Wall insulation
- Floor insulation
- Roofing type with Aged Solar Reflectance and Thermal Emittance values
- Roof insulation – above or below roof deck
- Ceiling insulation
- Radiant barrier
- Vented or unvented attic
- Location of ducts and airhandler
- Duct insulation
- HVAC specs and location
- Fuel type
- Equipment type
- size in Btu/h
- Heating efficiency (AFUE or HSPF)
- Cooling efficiency (SEER / EER)
- DHW specs and location
- Fuel type
- Tank type
- Size in Btu/h
- Efficiency (EF)
- Distribution type
- Hot water pipe insulation
- HERS measures other than mandatory (additional as trade offs might become necessary for compliance)
Zero Net Energy or other Optimization goals?
We can evaluate individual building designs and quickly identify the most cost-effective combinations of efficiency measures and solar-energy systems along the path to ZNE without having to evaluate every possible combination of measures. Whether you’re interested in achieving 50% savings, going all the way to ZNE or beyond, or just finding the least expensive solution for a more energy efficient building, we can help you get there.
We help you achieve the Passive House Standard
We offer Passive House Standard services to owners, designers and builders. Our services include:
- Detailed energy modelling with the Passive House Planning Package software (PHPP software);
- Closely work with the project team through the design and construction phase to ensure that Passive House goals are met;
- Envelope design, optimization and component selection assistance (windows, doors, materials)
- HVAC system design (heating/cooling systems, heat and energy recovery ventilation systems, duct layout)
- Submit data and energy model for Passive House certification, if certification is aspired;
- Optimize cost by assessing economic efficiency of energy measures and comparing them with cost of energy consumption based on mortgage terms. Our goal is to help you to refine your building design to optimize costs in terms of energy savings.
Passive House is more than just a low-energy building. It is a building standard that achieves ultra energy efficient, comfortable, affordable and ecological buildings. Passive House is not a brand name, but a design and construction concept that can be applied by anyone and that has withstood testing of performance for over 20 years.
Learn more about the Passive House Standard here: Passive House California